Whether or not your employees have taken Watermark Learning classes, you're invited to take advantage of our Coaching and Mentoring services to help move your business forward. And if you've already hosted onsite Watermark Learning classes at your organization, Coaching and Mentoring can be the next step to develop the skills your team members have learned. Watermark Learning offers Coaching and Mentoring in the areas of Agile and Scrum Implementation, Business Analysis, and Project Management for your business.
Watermark Learning can also provide coaching and mentoring for industry certification programs, such as CBAP® and PMP®. We will also be happy to meet with you to design a coaching/mentoring program custom-tailored to your needs.
BENEFITS OF COACHING AND MENTORING
- Developing and honing skills learned in our Agile & Scrum Training, Business Analysis Training, and Project Management Training classes.
- Learning from the best – Our coaches and mentors, with an average of over 20 years of business experience, are also subject matter experts and instructors with a high level of expertise, ideas, and acquired skills.
- Access to business experience – Regardless of what your team has done or is doing, chances are our mentors have already done something similar. You’ll avoid costly mistakes by learning how to do it right the first time.
- A sounding board – A Watermark Learning mentor/coach helps your team to stay on track, check assumptions, generate new ideas, and provides support. Leverage their experience and knowledge for your own improved chances of success.
“Mentor was extremely pleasant, professional and knowledgeable. Gave me a foundation for a 'plan' to bring back. I think it is a great way to do business offering mentoring and the possibility of a "custom" course. Your staff has been great. Very helpful and very well informed about the courses.”
Here is a partial list of what Watermark Learning’s experienced subject matter experts can provide for your team in each of our three coaching and mentoring areas. Download PDFs for full list of services provided.
- Coaching a team or teams new to Agile as you prepare to undertake your Agile journey
- Observing and/or facilitating your team’s Agile ceremonies:
- Sprint zero activities (visioning, ground rules, creating the backlog)
- Release planning
- Sprint planning
- Product demos
- Daily standups
- Facilitating your user story and other Agile artifacts (backlogs, burndowns, etc.)
- Coaching on Agile development
- Reviewing and commenting
- Agile leadership mentoring: mentoring managers and other leaders in how to lead self-organizing teams
Download the PDF to see the full list of services available with Agile & Scrum Implementation Coaching
- Coaching a Center of Excellence (COE) as you formalize your business analysis practices, including governance structures
- Coaching your teams on preparing for elicitation activities
- Observing and/or facilitating your requirements workshops, as well as coaching on interviews, observation, and other elicitation and prioritization techniques
- Soft skills coaching (influencing skills, conflict management, virtual teams, critical thinking, active listening, body language, etc.)
- Coaching your PMO as they formalize project and portfolio management practices, including governance structures
- Coaching, reviewing, and commenting on the development of project management artifacts
- Soft skills coaching (influencing skills, conflict management, virtual teams, critical thinking, active listening, body language, etc.) Open coaching: an open set of hours to meet with your teams or individuals and answer their questions on any of the above
Contact Us to Learn More
Watermark Learning will be happy to work with you on a Coaching and Mentoring program. One of our Account Managers can assist you with a needs assessment to be sure our program is tailored to your needs.