Congrats on getting your credential! Now that you have attained your credential, demonstrate an ongoing professional commitment to your profession by satisfying the recertification requirements of your credential.
Why is recertification valuable?
- To ensure you are keeping up with changes in the profession.
- To ensure you are contributing to the profession.
- Plus, you continually develop knowledge and skills within your profession and your organization!
IIBA® Recertification Requirements:
- A minimum of 60 Continuing Development Units (CDUs) during each 3-year cycle for CBAP and CCBA recertification
- A maximum of 30 Professional Development CDUs per 3-year cycle (in-person, virtual, and Anytime Learning self-paced Watermark Learning classes listed here)
- A maximum of 15 Self-Directed CDUs per 3-year cycle
- More details regarding IIBA Recertification Requirements can be found on IIBA's website.
|Category||CDU Activity||Description / Example||Activity Value Max per 3 Year Cycle|
|1||Formal Academic Education||Degree courses||30 CDUs|
|2||Professional Development||BA training courses||30 CDUs|
|3||Professional Activities||Writing, speaking, course developing, etc.||30 CDUs|
|4||Self Directed Learning||Such activities may include informal discussions or coaching sessions with co-workers, clients, or consultants. It may include study of books, webinars, how-to manuals, Internet resources or other instructional resources.||15 CDUs|
|5||Volunteer Service||Volunteer service to IIBA or an IIBA Chapter and/or by providing volunteer business analysis services to a non-employer community or charitable groups. (Ex: BABOK Review Committee)||30 CDUs|
|6||Professional Experience||Actual business analysis work experience during the three year cycle.||25 CDUs|
PMI® Recertification Requirements:
- A minimum of 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every 3 years for:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
- A minimum of 30 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every 3 years for:
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)®
- More details regarding the PMI Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program can be found in the PMI CCR Handbook.
|Certification||Certification Cycle||Total PDUs Required||Education Minimum PDUs||Giving Back Maximum PDUs|
Education PDUs - Minimum Talent Triangle Requirements
|Certification||Technical PDUs Required||Leadership PDUs Required||Strategic PDUs Required||Remaining PDUs - across any area of PMI Talent Triangle||Total Minimum Required|
Watermark Learning offers expert training to advance your career and help your organization succeed. View a list of Watermark courses that qualify for IIBA® CDUs and/or PMI® PDUs for recertification.
Contact us for more information regarding our Recertification Preparation.