Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) Training
The Scrum methodology is a framework that relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles or “increments” that enable continuous improvement, fast incorporation of end-user feedback, and accelerated delivery. This two-day course, taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer, allows you to become eligible for the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner® (A-CSPO®) Certification through the Scrum Alliance.
A-CSPO Certification Course
If you're a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®), who's been introduced to the Scrum Values, practices and applications, the next step in your Agile journey is to achieve your Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) certification. This advanced offering is ideal for a Certified Scrum Product Owner who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
During the two-day interactive course, participants will enhance their skills for the implementation of Scrum by learning strategies and tactics to improve the adoption, engagement, and value of Scrum within their company or organization. Participants will learn these topics through exercises, facilitated discussions, and case studies based on the instructor's real-world experience in working with Scrum teams.
- Enhance your skills. Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish your expertise. Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace and show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional
- Learn from experts. The course is designed and taught by Certified Scrum Trainer® partners with extensive knowledge of the principles and values of Scrum.
- Reference Materials. Each student will receive a comprehensive student guide complete with examples and workshop solutions
Through the A-CSPO course, you’ll learn to:
- Understand the responsibilities and the core competencies of an effective Scrum Product Owner
- Identify PO challenges, techniques and best practices for working with stakeholders, customers, users and Scrum teams
- Learn the PO's role in developing a product vision and delivery strategy
- Understand the role of the PO in defining product value
- Test and validate product assumptions
- Learn tools and techniques effective POs use to develop, order, and refine the product backlog
2 days of A-CSPO training led by a Certified Scrum Trainer®
Live: Instructor-led A-CSPO training at local facilities throughout the country.
Virtual: Web-based learning with a live instructor. Live, instructor-led virtual training leverages collaboration software platforms (e.g. Zoom) to ensure interaction and engagement of all course participants.
Hybrid: Provides maximum flexibility where students can choose to take the course LIVE or VIRTUAL. The instructor will be present at the address listed and will also host the workshop on a collaboration software program so students can choose their preferred training method.
Guaranteed to Run
All A-CSPO certification courses are 100% guaranteed to run on the dates listed. Yes, even if there's only one student. While other providers often postpone courses due to low enrollment, we promise to never do that.
PDUs: 14 SEUs: 16 CEUs: 1.4
Anyone who is looking to enhance their Scrum knowledge and skills including: ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, Product Owners, product managers, project managers, facilitators, team members, leaders, and others in the organization who are looking to grow their skillset.
In order to receive the A-CSPO certification, you must:
- Have an active CSPO certification with the Scrum Alliance
- Complete a A-CSPO course via a Scrum Alliance approved trainer (i.e. this course)
- Document at least 12 months of experience as a Product Owner on your Scrum Alliance Profile. If you do not have the 12 months of experience, but want to learn and apply these concepts, you can take the class and document the experience as you get it (you will not have the A-CSPO until you have all the experience documented).
Note: There is no exam for the A-CSPO certification and you are eligible based on successful completion all educator-designed components of the course. You may take the A-CSPO course at any time after completing your CSPO certification, and must have at least 12 months of Scrum Master experience logged into your Scrum Alliance profile before you are eligible to receive your A-CSPO certification.
- Examining the Product Owner Role
- Working with Stakeholders
- Working with the Development Team
- Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
- Developing Practical Product Strategies
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
- Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
A-CSPO Training Locations
Our courses are held at conveniently-located training facilities.