Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) Training
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) training and certification course will provide you with a foundational understanding of business relationship management (BRM). This course provides the “why” business relationship management is critical to your organization and “what” a BRM does to add value to your organization. This interactive course includes discussions and real-life exercises that will provide you with the opportunity to apply the learning to your unique organizational situations and allow you to show immediate value in your Business Relationship Management (BRM) role, as well as prepare you for the BRMP Certification exam.
Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) Certification
Upon passing the exam, you will earn the Business Relationship Management Profession (BRMP®) certification by BRM Institute® accredited through APMG. Watermark Learning is an Authorized Training Organization of the Business Relationship Management Institute® and aligns all courseware to BRM Institute® standards to effectively prepare students to learn the principles of Business Relationship Management and to pass their exam.
Business Relationship Management Professional Objectives
The candidate should understand the key principles, techniques, tools and processes central to the Business Relationship Management (BRM) role and discipline. Specifically, the candidate should know and understand:
- What business relationship management (BRM) is and the value it provides to an organization.
- The need for an organization to move beyond traditional goals focused on profits and products to encompassing a relationship-centered approach that maximizes value.
- The importance of integrating business relationship management into every facet of the organization.
- The importance of educating the organization about developing Business Relationship Management (BRM) capability to evolve culture, build partnerships, drive value, and satisfy purpose.
- How to apply BRM to the organization’s triple bottom line of people, purpose, and planet.
- The basic knowledge, skills, and mindsets of the BRM role.
- The core BRM approaches, tools, and templates used to achieve results.
- The value and impact the BRM capability has on an organization.
Attending the Course
Who Should Attend a BRMP Course
Anyone who recognizes the importance of relationships and measuring value in their organization, as well as those who are currently in or interested in the business relationship management capability or role.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon class enrollment, you will be eligible for a three-month free BRM Institute Professional Membership. Ask your instructor for details!
BRMP Course Format
To apply the concepts to your organization and assimilate the vast amount of information needed to pass the BRMP exam, there is a mixture of lecture, discussion, training exercises, and a timed practice exam.
Each participant will receive a comprehensive participant guide, textbook, templates to use beyond the training workshop, and take a full simulated Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) sample exam of 50 questions to identify areas to drill into for further studying before taking the actual exam.
The actual Exam will be proctored the day after the class concludes (allow for 1 ½ hours) or can be scheduled via APMG at the student’s convenience.
You'll Also Earn
Professional Development Units
Continuing Development Units
Business Relationship Management (BRM) Introduction
- Why BRM? Why Now?
- Relationship-Centered Organization
- Theory of Relationshipism
- Triple Bottom Line
- BRM Defined
- BRM Role Competency Model
- Activity Domains
- BRM Capability Framework
- BRM Workbooks
- Strategic Relationship Plan
BRM Capability – Evolve Culture
- Evolve Culture Framework
- BRM Role in Evolve Culture
- Purposeful Narrative
- Desired Behaviors
- Influential Relationships
- Personal Growth
BRM Capability – Build Partnerships
- Build Partnerships Framework
- BRM Role in Build Partnerships
- Relationship Maturity and Quality
- Partnering Mindsets
- Relationship Discovery
- Relationship Nurturing
Business Relationship Management (BRM) Capability – Drive Value
- What is Value?
- Types and Sources of Value
- Drive Value Framework
- BRM Role in Drive Value
- Value Discovery, Realization & Results
BRM Capability – Satisfy Purpose
- Satisfy Purpose Framework
- BRM Role in Satisfy Purpose
- Through BRM Capability & Triple Bottom Line
- Social Value
- Our Purpose and What We Believe
- Role Clarity
- BRM Code of Ethics
- BRM Role Competency Model
- BRM Mindset
- Scope of BRM Role
- Our Purpose and What We Believe
- BRM Team Definition
- BRM Team Purpose, Mission, and Vision
- Assessing the Value of a BRM Team
- Organizing and leading a BRM Team
- Transition Management
- Coaching BRMs
In-Person or Online BRMP Certification Courses
We offer Business Management Professional Certification courses in multiple formats to meet your needs.
In-person Instructor-led BRMP training at Watermark’s local facility in Minneapolis, MN. More locations coming soon!
Southtown Office Park
8120 Penn Avenue South, STE 470
Bloomington, Minnesota 55431
Web-based learning with a live instructor. Live, instructor-led virtual training leverages collaboration software platforms (e.g. Zoom) to ensure interaction and engagement of all course participants. This includes 6 months digital access to all training materials.
Provides maximum flexibility where students can choose to take the course LIVE or VIRTUAL. The instructor will be present at the address listed and will also host the workshop on a collaboration software program so students can choose their preferred training method.
If you have 10 or more employees seeking BRMP training, we will deliver a private group training in the format of your choosing. We can accommodate remote employees in a virtual format or come to your office for on-site training.
BRMP Certification Course Reviews
I liked the instructor's openness and ability to create a safe environment, increasing confidence and energy.
5 stars! This course translated the BOK into understandable and applicable content.
Watermark Learning's Anytime Learning BRMP Certification Prep course helped me with a solid foundation of information in a very convenient, effective format. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an efficient way to prepare for and complete their BRMP.
We actually learned while preparing for a test! The course provided excellent stories, quizzes, and real life situations for context clarity.
This course sharpens the ability to coordinate business and service providers to yield a better customer experience. This will optimize my service delivery.