Agile Business Analysis
This two-day workshop provides the essential information needed for those in the business analyst role to be successful on Agile projects. You will learn the core agile concepts and have an opportunity to try them out immediately in a simulated project setting. You will use Scrum processes to write and prioritize user stories and get the detail needed for the Agile Team to plan and build user stories.
- Describe the overall agile values, principles, and mindset.
- Articulate the role of the business analyst in an agile context using a three-horizon framework.
- Develop user roles and personas.
- Define Agile requirements with user stories to build a product backlog.
- Describe relative value and use various techniques to prioritize user stories.
- Practice release planning and grooming the product backlog.
- Describe the importance of Scrum ceremonies and artifacts.
Length and Learning Modes
Virtual classes: 2 days; Discounts available for teams and for private offerings.
To help assimilate the tools and techniques learned, there is a mixture of exercises throughout the course. A lively role play and case study help reinforce concepts learned. Students will need to be prepared for a high level of participation. Each participant will receive a comprehensive study guide with PowerPoint slides and detailed notes to serve as both an in-class guide and on-the-job reference. Workshops will give participants an opportunity to practice applying the agile skills they learn. Class discussions and exercises to reinforce the information presented.
PDUs: 14 CDUs: 14 SEUs: 14 CEUs: 1.4
This course is intended for business analysts or those performing business analysis tasks in an agile environment. It is also suitable for anyone wanting to learn Agile analysis in depth or for those in an organization planning to apply Scrum or wanting to improve their Scrum practices.
- Agile Principles and Values
- Strategy Horizon
- Initiative Horizon
- Delivery Horizon
Note: Watermark Learning constantly improves its course offerings to ensure the best training possible and to keep you abreast of the latest industry trends. As a result, this outline is subject to change.
"I liked the active participation and the examples. I’ll be able to use the various tools on how to capture user stories and break them out."
Virtual Classroom Agile Business Analysis Courses
VOD Agile Business Analysis Courses