Business Process Improvement
Perhaps no other skill can yield such immediate results and payback than learning how to improve business processes. Business process improvement efforts can increase quality, reduce costs and waste, increase operational efficiency, and enhance productivity. This course explores the need for a business process focus, the essential steps for process improvement, and the critical success factors for making the effort successful. It provides a practical framework for improving processes, process improvement concepts and techniques, and valuable tips on how to introduce process change into the organization and to get the most from your process improvement effort.
- Describe an industry-standard Business Process Management framework and how BPI fits into it.
- Describe the purpose, benefits, and critical issues of Business Process Improvement (BPI).
- Employ industry-standard techniques for analyzing the root cause of process problems.
- Determine appropriate metrics for analyzing business processes.
- Use process maps to discover and analyze process problems.
- Design new processes using lean techniques that eliminate waste and maximize business value.
- Use three standard principles to optimize process design.
- Discuss the importance of monitoring and managing processes.
- Identify key metrics for the ongoing monitoring and reporting of process performance and efficiency.
- Facilitate the introduction of process change in the organization using practical techniques.
Length and Learning Modes
Live or Virtual Classes: 2 days; Discounts available for teams and for private offerings.
PDUs: 14 CDUs: 14 CEUs: 1.4
Process analysts, business analysts, project managers, business process owners, general business staff, and anyone who needs the skills to improve and/or manage business processes.
Experience in modeling business processes. The Watermark Learning course Business Process Modeling satisfies this prerequisite.
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) Foundation
- Business Process Design
- Transformation Processes
"The initial course discussion and the metrics materials were most beneficial. The application of metrics with process maps will help in specific areas for improvements and projects."
"I liked discussing everyday processes that we never bother to analyze. I will be aware of extra burdens on processes and try to make things simpler for my department and customers."
"I liked the step-by-step process and there was a good amount of time to practice and hear about life-related examples."
"The activity variety was great and helped move the process along. I will remember to map out the current state before gathering business requirements before future state."
"It was great having such experienced process analysts in the session - I learned a lot from them."
IT Project Manager, Sanford Health