Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Training
The Scrum methodology is a framework that relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles or "increments" that enable continuous improvement, fast incorporation of end-user feedback, and accelerated delivery. This comprehensive workshop prepares you for the Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO)® certification and fulfills the requirement of a two-day CSPO training course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®.
CSPO Certification Prep Course
During this interactive two-day course, participants will have the opportunity to explore the most difficult role in Scrum – the Product Owner. Through exercises, discussions, and case-studies, participants will learn the fundamentals of Scrum as well as the responsibilities of the Product Owner. Topics addressed include techniques for developing a Product Vision, how to create, maintain and order a Product Backlog, how to identify user needs and an overview of sizing (estimating) in Scrum.
Participants will learn these topics through exercises, facilitated discussions and case studies based on the instructor's real-world experience in working with Scrum teams.
Upon completion of the course, all students will be eligible for the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification from the Scrum Alliance. Attendees will also receive a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, an organization that provides valuable materials and resources exclusively to CSPOs.
- Enhance your skills. Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish your expertise. Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace and show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional
- Learn from experts. The course is designed and taught by Certified Scrum Trainer® partners with extensive knowledge of the principles and values of Scrum
- Reference Materials. Each student will receive a comprehensive student guide complete with examples and workshop solutions
Through the CSPO course, you'll learn to:
- Understand the responsibilities and the core competencies of an effective Scrum Product Owner
- Identify PO challenges, techniques and best practices for working with stakeholders, customers, users and Scrum teams
- Learn the PO's role in developing a product vision and delivery strategy
- Understand the role of the PO in defining product value
- Test and validate product assumptions
- Learn tools and techniques effective POs use to develop, order, and refine the product backlog
2 days of CSPO training led by a Certified Scrum Trainer®
Live: Instructor-led CSPO training at local facilities throughout the country.
Virtual: Web-based learning with a live instructor. Live, instructor-led virtual training leverages collaboration software platforms (e.g. Zoom) to ensure interaction and engagement of all course participants.
Hybrid: Provides maximum flexibility where students can choose to take the course LIVE or VIRTUAL. The instructor will be present at the address listed and will also host the workshop on a collaboration software program so students can choose their preferred training method.
Guaranteed to Run
All CSPO certification courses are 100% guaranteed to run on the dates listed. Yes, even if there's only one student. While other providers often postpone courses due to low enrollment, we promise to never do that.
PDUs: 14 SEUs: 16 CEUs: 1.4
This 2-day class is intended for those practicing or looking to serve as a Product Owner, but is also highly valuable for anyone involved in Scrum including: formal leaders, ScrumMasters, team members, product managers, project managers, facilitators, etc.
- Introduction to Agile & Scrum
- Fundamentals of the Product Owner
- Stakeholder Management
- Product Strategy
- Roadmaps and Release Planning
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
- Testing Product Assumptions
- Working with the Product Backlog
- Defining Value
- User Stories
- Ordering the Product Backlog
- Identifying Releases
- The Product Owner and the Sprint
- Monitoring Progress
"I liked that it was a good sized class, everyone was open to discussion, and there were great analogies that helped drive the information home."
"The class interactions and the instructor's breadth of knowledge were great. I'll be able to help others with Agile and help to increase efficiency on the job with what I learned."
"I really liked the instructor's stories on practical examples. I will be able to better influence our product leadership after this class."
"I'm looking for a new career so this class helped me clearly understand the roles in Scrum. The group activities to apply knowledge were great. This class will help me in moving forward within this role."
"The instructor's wealth of real world examples and experience was great! I'll be able to apply what I learned as I step into a PO position of a new dev team."
"The practical application is essential to my learning style, the information flow was optimal for absorption and retention. I'll be rethinking, in an accessible way, the way I've worked and will refocus my job search on PO rolls."
"The instructor's enthusiasm, knowledge of the subject matter, and ability to convey and communicate the nuances of the role were outstanding."
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and humorous. I really liked the learning techniques for ordering. As someone new to Scrum, I'll have a framework to draw from. I'm looking forward to refining the backlog in a potential new role."
CSPO Training Locations
Our courses are held at conveniently-located training facilities.
Southtown Office Park
8120 Penn Avenue South
Bloomington, Minnesota 55431