ECBA Certificate Preparation
Do you want to get certified in business analysis but are new to the field? Whether you are fresh out of college and have little to no project experience or are simply looking to understand the business analysis profession better, this course will provide you with not only the preparation you will need to pass IIBA’s Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™ (ECBA™) exam, but also a foundation for a career in business analysis.
Participants will learn invaluable tips and tricks needed to pass the ECBA certification exam. This course follows IIBA's ECBA exam blueprint based on the BABOK® Guide v3.0. It also includes the use of Watermark’s acclaimed online exam simulator, which provides detailed explanations of why incorrect answers are wrong and why the correct answer is right.
This course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis).
Why Take This Course From Watermark Learning?
Below are just a few of the benefits that we believe make our ECBA certification training course offering the best in the industry:
- Increase your confidence and improve your chances of passing the ECBA certificate exam.
- Streamline the massive amounts of information required to pass the test.
- The small-class environment, group exercises, and sample exam questions keep you engaged and aid in your retention and learning.
- Learn from experts. The course is designed and taught by ECBA™, CCBA® or CBAP® Recipients with extensive knowledge of the BABOK® Guide.
- Dedication. We have Certified Recipients on staff, ready to help you pass the exam.
- Trusted. Study with a firm that has helped thousands of people pass the ECBA™, CCBA®, and CBAP® exam. We know how to combine learning with test preparation in an engaging way!
Upon successfully completing this course, participants will be able to understand:
- What business analysis is and what are its benefits.
- Business analysis key concepts including: key terms, the business analysis core concept model (BACCM), and requirements classification schema.
- Identification of key stakeholders and how to work with them.
- How to plan business analysis work, including planning needed for both Agile (Adaptive) and Waterfall (Predictive) initiatives.
- How to prepare for and conduct elicitation activities, as well as confirming and communicating the results of those activities.
- How to specify and model requirements, how to verify and validate requirements, how to look at different options and recommend a solution.
- The importance of managing requirements by tracing, prioritizing, and approving them, as well as handling any changes.
- The various techniques and competencies needed to succeed at business analysis work.
Virtual: 3-days of web-based training with a live instructor. You will receive a digital copy of the ECBA training materials, a 90-day subscription to Watermark Learning's ECBA Exam Simulator, and 6-months access to our online training portal (which includes additional study aids and pre-recorded video lectures).
A Video-on-Demand (VOD): This course is available as a Video-on-Demand (VOD) and is a great way to help you prepare for your certification exam. Think of it as highly engaging self-paced learning, with the benefits of live training done on your own schedule.
Go at your own pace, thoroughly immerse yourself in the material, and even ask questions of an instructor via email as if you were attending a live class. After watching and reading each section, drill on practice questions. Re-watch videos as many times as you want and take any number of practice exams until your scores are 70-80% or more.
VODs are the ideal option for self-paced certification preparation and the next best thing to being in class!
People wanting to move into a BA role who have had little to no training in business analysis. Anyone who is seeking a career in Business Analysis or desires to have a better understanding of business analysis and the role of a business analyst.
ECBA Course Outline
- ECBA Exam Information & Tips
- An Introduction to Business Analysis and the BA Profession
- Key Business Analysis Concepts
- Underlying Competencies: Business Analysis Competencies for Success
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Planning for the BA Work Effort
- Elicitation and Stakeholder Collaboration
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Requirements Life Cycle Management: Managing Requirements and Changes to Them
- Techniques Review
"The class exceeded my expectations. I figured the facilitator would just give out bullet points and leave the rest for us to understand, as this has been my experience. She was very thorough in explaining the information and layout of the book. I loved the professionalism, timing, knowledge, and material provided by the company. Would definitely take another class with Watermark Learning."
"First, I signed up late for the class and didn’t expect the material to be delivered on time. I was pleasantly surprised when all the required material arrived the very next day and I was able to prep for the course before it began. Second, directions to access the virtual sessions were precise and accurate. Third (and the best part), from the beginning to the very end of the class, the experience was GREAT. The instructor was clear, well-paced and explained complex areas in understandable laymen’s terms. She kept the class engaged and encouraged open discussions through each session. I highly recommend this virtual prep class, great value."