Facilitation Skills Workshop
An effective facilitator helps a group accomplish a goal, such as understand or solve a problem, explore opportunities, define requirements, make decisions, or other objectives. The ability to keep the group on task to achieve the goal is the value a good facilitator brings to an organization. The investment in developing facilitation skills is rewarded with increased leadership capabilities, more effective time management in meetings and other group settings, and improved likelihood of achieving team and business goals.
- Learn various facilitation techniques, including when and how to use them for best effect.
- Develop a structured approach to planning and conducting facilitated sessions.
- Practice applying facilitation concepts and best practices.
Length and Learning Modes
Live classes: 1 Day; Discounts available for teams and for private offerings.
PDUs: 7 CDUs: 7 CEUs: 0.7
Those wishing to use facilitation for maximum effect and those wishing to go beyond basic meeting skills to deliver consensus and action.
- Instructor introduction
- Course overview
- Tips on getting and giving feedback
- Facilitation Fundamentals
- Facilitation overview
- Facilitation Top 10
- The facilitation process
- Starting the Session
- Understanding session context
- Session roles and responsibilities
- Importance of introductions
- Session 1: Introductions
- Ground rules
- Getting to consensus
- Session 2: Ground Rules
- Guiding the Session
- Team dynamics
- Meeting the team where it is at
- Managing session time
- Managing self
- Session 3: Characteristics of Good Facilitators
- Energizers and ice breakers
- Session 4: Favorite Energizers
- Difficult people situations
- Session 5: Addressing difficult people situations
- Closing the Session
- Session review
- Session 6: Session review
- Facilitation Skills Reference Guide
Facilitation Skills Workshop Training Locations
Our courses are held at conveniently-located training facilities.
We apologize, but we do not currently have any Live courses scheduled.