Strategic Business Analysis Course
- 2-day Interactive Course, Online
- Understanding of Strategy Analysis best practices
- Hands-on Exercises using Your Own Projects
Strategic Business Analysis Course
Strategy analysis identifies the business needs (problem or opportunities) of tactical or strategic importance to the organization and supports the organization in responding to those needs. It provides the focus upon which all other business analyst efforts must align. Shortcutting strategy analysis often results in delivering solutions that are misaligned to the organization’s strategy and to the expectations and needs of the business. This course will help you understand the criticality of defining the business need correctly and pursuing a thorough analysis of the internal and external environments of the enterprise before assisting the organization in selecting the best solution. You will also learn the key activities needed in strategy analysis, the key components in building and communicating a strong business case, and how to evaluate the value of the solution once it is implemented.
Key features include:
- Instructor-led by professionals experienced in strategy analysis
- Ability to apply your learning directly to your work situation
- Hands on - practice of all concepts learned
- 14 CDUs/PDUs for recertification
- A business case template to start using in your organization
We will have a course that fits your schedule and is GUARANTEED TO RUN, no last minute cancellations! Unsure which date or location works best for you? Buy a voucher now and decide later, or request a quote for public, private, or group Use Case Modeling training courses.
Looking to conduct a private group for Strategic Business Analysis at your organization?
Strategic Business Analysis Course Overview
Through this course, you will learn to:
- Understand what comprises strategy analysis and when and how it is performed
- Learn how to see the “big picture” and improve your strategic thinking skills
- Increase project success by better defining the business need
- Learn how to analyze the current state to provide an understanding of why a change is needed
- Determine the set of conditions necessary to meet the business need and to define future state
- Identify and recognize how risks influence the viability of solution options
- Develop and assess alternative approaches to the change and propose the “best” recommended change strategy
- Understand the purpose and importance of a business case, its key components and how to leverage a business case to communicate the viability for pursuing a change to your decision makers
- Determine how to evaluate a solution once it is implemented to ensure it meets its expected value
Strategic Business Analysis Course Benefits
You deserve the best in class for your Strategic Business Analysis training! Watermark Learning has a long history of quality training to support professionals in reaching their career goals in business analysis.
- A strong understanding of strategy analysis concepts and tasks
- Improved strategic thinking skills
- Increased confidence in strategy analysis
- Actual practice on various tasks and techniques used in strategy analysis
- Opportunity for guidance and feedback from an instructor
- Business case template to use when you get back to work
- A shared understanding of "why" a change is needed
- Improved business outcomes
- Designed solutions aligned to the strategic direction of the organization
- Solution options that meet the expectations of the business and stakeholders
- A plan to ensure solution value is received
- A more mature organization with skilled professionals
You'll Also Earn
Scrum Education Units
Professional Development Units
Continuing Development Units
Who Should Attend a Strategic Business Analysis Course
This course is intended for individuals pursuing the following career paths:
- Business analysts
- Systems analysts
- Project managers
- Business and IT stakeholders working with business analysts
It is also suitable for anyone who needs to understand the activities involved in strategy analysis or make solution recommendations.
It is recommended that participants complete the Business Analysis Foundation course prior to enrolling or have equivalent experience.
Course Format & Outline
To help assimilate the tools and techniques learned, there is a mixture of individual and team exercises throughout the course. Students will need to be prepared for a high level of participation. Each participant will receive a comprehensive student guide complete with examples, handouts a business case template that can be used back on the job.
Strategy Analysis Overview
- Strategy analysis defined
- Strategy analysis tasks
- Strategy analysis and the project life cycle
- Key competencies needed for strategy analysis
- Thinking – an introduction
- Thinking types
- Strategic thinking skills
- How to become a strategic thinker
- Strategic thinking tips and traps
- Strategic thinking tools and techniques
Analyze the Current State
- Current state analysis overview
- Determine the business need
- Write a good business need statement
- Identify stakeholders
- Current state assessment considerations
- Conduct a current state analysis
Define the Future State
- Future state overview
- Define business goals and objectives
- Determine solution scope
- Identify constraints
- Additional assessment considerations
- Determine potential solution value
- Define the future state
- Risk analysis overview
- Risk analysis and management process
- Organizational risk tolerance levels
- Risk tips and techniques
- Risk response options
- Identify risks and create a risk register
Define the Change Strategy
- Change strategy overview
- Components of a change strategy
- Finalize solution scope
- Conduct a gap analysis
- Assess enterprise readiness
- Define a change strategy
- Determine a transition approach
Develop a Business Case
- Business case overview
- Business case components
- Common mistakes in building a business case
- Present the business case
- Develop a mini business case
Evaluate Solution Performance
- Solution performance evaluation process
- Measure solution performance
- Define & analyze solution performance measures
- Assess solution and enterprise limitations
- Recommend actions to increase solution value
In-Person or Online Strategic Business Analysis Courses
We offer the Strategic Business Analysis course in multiple formats to meet your needs.
Web-based learning with a live instructor. Live, instructor-led virtual training leverages collaboration software platforms (e.g. Zoom) to ensure interaction and engagement of all course participants. This includes 6 months digital access to all training materials.
If you have 10 or more employees seeking Strategic Business Analysis training, we will deliver a private group training in the format of your choosing. We can accommodate remote employees in a virtual format or come to your office for on-site training.
All our Courses are Guaranteed to Run
All courses are 100% guaranteed to run on the dates listed.
- Commit to firm dates
- Block your calendar
- No surprises!
Even if there's only one student registered, we are committed to running all the courses on our schedule. While other providers often postpone or cancel courses due to low enrollment, we promise to never do that to you.
Strategic Business Analysis Training FAQs
What is Strategic Business Analysis?
Strategic business analysis is a process used to examine and address an organization’s key business needs and supports the organization’s efforts in their response. The process involves evaluating both the internal and external factors of a company to determine the most appropriate solution. Conducting a thorough strategic analysis is essential to ensure that the selected solutions are in alignment with the organization's strategy and satisfy its business needs.
What materials are included in the Strategic Business Analysis course?
The following courseware is provided to each student upon enrollment:
- Comprehensive Student Guide: Includes techniques, tools, strategies, and examples of Strategic Business Analysis.
- Business Case Template: A document that provides a framework to help you organize and present your business case effectively.
Will I receive a certification upon completion of the Strategic Business Analysis Course?
Once you complete the Strategic Business Analysis course, you'll be given a Certificate of Completion. This certificate demonstrates that you've successfully finished the course and have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to perform business analysis tasks effectively. This is a valuable asset when showcasing your credentials to potential employers or pursuing career advancement.