What is ECBA Certification?
An ECBA™ (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™) is level one in the business analysis certification framework from the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®). The ECBA certification recognizes individuals entering the business analysis profession or those who manage business analysts and want to understand the required knowledge and competencies of a business analysis practitioner. Applicants must meet a few basic eligibility requirements in order to take the exam, and upon passing the exam, receive the ECBA certification credential. Eligibility requirements include:
- Create an account with IIBA
- Agree with the Code of Conduct
- Agree with Terms and Conditions
- For more details, visit the IIBA Website
Watermark Learning offers the most comprehensive ECBA certification program in the industry to help you get there. Accelerate your career path and support your organization by following the steps below and with resources and products from Watermark Learning.
Why get your ECBA certification?
The ECBA certification recognizes individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals. The certificate does not require work experience or professional development hours. That sets the ECBA apart from other IIBA core certifications.
Benefits to the individual may include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles and industry best practices.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing the first step in their BA careers.
- Improvement of overall performance.
- More market opportunities.
Benefits to the organization may include:
- Advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates use of industry-standard business analysis practices to customers.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- Establishes BA practices as outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by recognized professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project.
Step 1: Take an ECBA Certification Preparation Class.
ECBA Certification Exam Prep Class
This comprehensive workshop will provide you with not only the preparation you will need to pass IIBA’s ECBA exam, but also a foundation for a career in business analysis. The course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide v3 and provides everything needed to pass the exam.ECBA Training Course
ECBA Certification Training Includes:
- Detailed course materials and handouts with everything you need to pass the exam with knowledge check exercises after each section.
- A free 90-day subscription to our ECBA Online Study Exam simulator with over 500 questions
- View our course outline to learn more
Step 2: Purchase and schedule the ECBA Exam
Use the following resources to help you purchase and schedule the ECBA exam.
- ECBA Overview (IIBA website)
- What is the Difference between the ECBA, CCBA, and CBAP Certifications? (Watermark Learning article)
- ECBA Certification Handbook
- ECBA Certification Exam Blueprint
Step 3: Study and Prepare for the ECBA Exam
Here are a few suggested steps to guide your studying time
- Review the ECBA course materials and handouts. Break your study time into smaller chucks, such as studying each chapter at a time.
- Be familiar with all the terms, key concepts, and have a high-level understanding of all underlying competencies, and techniques listed in the BABOK.
- Create your own flashcards or purchase Watermark Learning's Flashcards or “How to Talk BA” to help you understand the BABOK terms.
- Do a knowledge check after your study, by taking practice questions using our Online Study Exam, to reduce surprises and increase confidence. Our online study exam system provides:
- Instant detailed feedback on every question to explain both correct and incorrect answers and solidify retention.
- 3 categories of questions with unlimited tests that you can stop and start according to your schedule.
- Prices start at $59 for subscriptions.
Step 4: Review IIBA's Exam Information
ECBA Certification Online Study Exam
The ECBA exam is offered only online through PSI, an online remote proctoring service. The exam may be taken from the security and comfort of your home. We highly recommend that you don't use your work office or computer to sit for your exam, as most work environments and company computers may have firewalls or other restrictions that will not work with the PSI system.
Use the following resources to help you prepare for exam day.
- IIBA Guide to Online Proctored Exams to learn more about required technology and systems, proper room and workspace setup, and needed internet connection.
- PSI Online Proctoring Experience - a video outlining the exam day
- Certification FAQs for refund, reschedules and request for exam accommodations
Step 5: Take the Exam and Earn Your ECBA Certification!
So far, we've helped thousands of business analysts earn their ECBA certification. We'd love to help you, too!
Let us know when you've passed! We'd love to hear from you.
"The class exceeded my expectations. I figured the facilitator would just give out bullet points and leave the rest for us to understand, as this has been my experience. She was very thorough in explaining the information and layout of the book. I loved the professionalism, timing, knowledge, and material provided by the company. Would definitely take another class with Watermark Learning."
ECBA (United States)
"From the beginning to the very end of the class, the experience was GREAT. The instructor was clear, well-paced and explained complex areas in understandable laymen’s terms. She kept the class engaged and encouraged open discussions through each session. I highly recommend this virtual prep class, great value."
ECBA Certificate Prep student (United States)
Sign up for a free chat where an expert will answer all your questions about IIBA certifications like CBAP and CCBA.Register