What is ECBA Certification?
An ECBA™ (Entry Certificate in Business Analysis™) is level one in the business analysis certification framework from the International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®). The ECBA certification recognizes individuals entering the business analysis profession or those who manage business analysts and want to understand the required knowledge and competencies of a business analysis practitioner. Applicants must meet certain eligibility requirements in order to be admitted to the exam, and upon passing the exam, receive the ECBA certification credential. Eligibility requirements include:
- Create an account with IIBA
- 21 hours of Professional Development Training (satisfied by Watermark Learning’s ECBA certification training course) within the last 4 years
- For more details, visit the IIBA Website
Watermark Learning offers the most comprehensive ECBA certification program in the industry to help you get there. Accelerate your career path and support your organization by following the steps below and with resources and products from Watermark Learning.
Why get your ECBA certification?
The ECBA certification recognizes individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals. The certificate does not require work experience - only professional development hours. That sets the ECBA apart from other IIBA certifications.
Benefits to the individual may include:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles and industry best practices.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing the first step in their BA careers.
- Improvement of overall performance.
- More market opportunities.
Benefits to the organization may include:
- Advancement and recognition opportunities for staff.
- Demonstrates use of industry-standard business analysis practices to customers.
- Demonstrates to your stakeholders that your business is run effectively.
- Establishes BA practices as outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®) Guide by recognized professionals.
- Demonstrates commitment to the field of business analysis, increasingly recognized as a vital component of any successful project.
Step 1: Take an ECBA Certification Training Course and Join a Study Group.
ECBA Certification Exam Prep Class
This comprehensive workshop will provide you with not only the preparation you will need to pass IIBA’s ECBA exam, but also a foundation for a career in business analysis. The course conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide v3 and provides everything needed to pass the exam.ECBA Training Course
ECBA Certification Training Provides:
- 21 Professional Development hours, enough to apply for the ECBA exam
- Free handy How to Talk BA reference book created to help grasp or refresh your understanding of the main terminology in business analysis
- Free 90-day subscription to our ECBA Online Study Exam simulator with over 500 questions
- View our course outline to learn more
Step 2: Apply for the ECBA Certification Exam
Use the following resources to help you apply for the ECBA certification exam.
- ECBA Overview (IIBA website)
- What is the Difference between the ECBA, CCBA, and CBAP Certifications? (Watermark Learning article)
- ECBA Certification Handbook
- ECBA Certification Exam Blueprint
Step 3: Study your ECBA Course Materials
This handy-sized resource summarizes over 300 critical BA terms and includes examples to clarify and make the terms practical. References to the BABOK Guide v3, PMI® BA Practice Guide, and other top BA books are also included. It is a great resource for all levels and anyone associated with business analysis. Use it to prepare for your CBAP, CCBA, ECBA, or PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® exam and on-the-job!See All Course Materials
Step 4: Finalize Your Study and Preparation
ECBA Certification Online Study Exam
- Take the most realistic exams with the ORIGINAL Online Study Exam, to reduce surprises and increase confidence
- Instant detailed feedback on every question to explain both correct and incorrect answers and solidify retention
- 3 categories of questions with unlimited tests that you can stop and start according to your schedule
- Prices start at $59 for subscriptions.
Step 5: Take the Exam and Earn Your ECBA Certification!
So far, we've helped thousands of business analysts earn their ECBA certification. We'd love to help you, too!
Let us know when you've passed! We'd love to hear from you.
"The class exceeded my expectations. I figured the facilitator would just give out bullet points and leave the rest for us to understand, as this has been my experience. She was very thorough in explaining the information and layout of the book. I loved the professionalism, timing, knowledge, and material provided by the company. Would definitely take another class with Watermark Learning."
ECBA (United States)
"From the beginning to the very end of the class, the experience was GREAT. The instructor was clear, well-paced and explained complex areas in understandable laymen’s terms. She kept the class engaged and encouraged open discussions through each session. I highly recommend this virtual prep class, great value."
ECBA Certificate Prep student (United States)
Sign up for a free chat where an expert will answer all your questions about IIBA certifications like CBAP and CCBA.Register