CSM & CSPO Certification Requirements
Our training courses for the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designations provide you with all of the knowledge required to achieve CSM or CSPO certification and help your organization be Agile!
Watermark Learning has consistently provided top-quality, results-oriented training in project management, business analysis, and agile for over 30 years—longer than most of our competitors. With the advantage of our multidisciplinary expertise and longstanding experience, you can count on Watermark Learning to help achieve you Certified ScrumMaster and Certified Scrum Product Owner certification.
Accelerate your career growth and enhance the value you bring to your organization by following the steps below, with resources and training from Watermark Learning.
Step 1: Learn about the CSM or CSPO certifications
Step 2: Attend a 2-day CSM or CSPO Certification Training.
All CSM and CSPO courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Our courses will provide all the training hours required to sit for the cerification exams and will teach you everything you need to know in order to pass.
In our CSM training course, you’ll learn the basic framework and become proficient in all the fundamental aspects of Scrum, helping you build more effective processes and teams. A Certified ScrumMaster credential is the cornerstone of your Scrum education.Learn More
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Our CSPO course is for those who already have a basic understanding of Scrum and are involved in the big picture of your organization’s products. Take your career to the next step and become more involved in the business and your stakeholders.Learn More
Step 3: Earn your CSM or CSPO certification!
To become a Certified ScrumMaster, you must pass a certification exam:
- Students do not take the test in class. The online test needs to be taken any time within 90 days of receiving a welcome email from Scrum Alliance upon completing the course.
- The test includes multiple-choice and true/false questions.
- It takes about 60 minutes to complete, but it does not need to be completed in one sitting; you may stop and restart as many times as needed.
- Candidates may skip or mark questions, and they may go back to previous questions at any point. When submitting final answers, a notification will be provided to advise of any unanswered questions.
- The test covers material to demonstrate an understanding of general Scrum concepts, roles, meetings, and artifacts.
- Candidates who do not pass the test will be shown which questions they missed, but they are not shown the correct answer. After reviewing results and researching correct answers, candidates may take the test again for no charge within the same 90-day period.
- Retakes after the second attempt are $25.
To become a Certified Scrum Product Owner there is no exam, simply attend the 2-day training course. Your Certified ScrumTrainer will make sure you understand all the necessary concepts and submit your attendance to ScrumAlliance to issue your certification.
CSM & CSPO Recertification Requirements
To maintain your CSM and CSPO certification, 20 Scrum Education Credits (SEUs) need to be earned every two years in addition to paying a renewal fee.