Business Analysis Foundations
Whether you are new to business analysis, or are experienced and want a more formal approach, it’s essential to know and practice the “basics.” This course provides you with the foundational skills you need to deliver value to your stakeholders and organization. You will learn how to help your business clients articulate their business problem or opportunity, plan business analysis activities, as well as learn the basics of eliciting, analyzing, documenting, managing, and communicating requirements through the life cycle of the project. By grasping these foundational skills, you can contribute significantly to the success of your organization’s projects.
- Articulate the key activities and artifacts of a business analyst.
- Increase project success by better defining the business need.
- Plan the requirements effort to ensure optimal productivity.
- Identify and analyze stakeholders and learn to optimize stakeholder communication.
- Reduce rework by eliciting and discovering requirements correctly the first time.
- Document “good” requirements by writing them clearly, concisely, and completely using simple templates.
- Learn how to trace and prioritize requirements to ensure they link to business value.
- Manage the requirements throughout the project.
Length and Learning Modes
Live or Virtual Classes: 2 days; Discounts available for teams and for private offerings.
PDUs: 14 CDUs: 14 CEUs: 1.4
New business analysts, people that have project experience but have not had formal BA training, or experienced BAs and project managers who want a more formal and industry-standard business analysis approach will gain new skills and methods from this course.
- Requirements Overview
- Define the Business Need
- Plan for Business Analysis
- Elicit Requirements
- Document and Analyze Requirements
- Manage Requirements
"The course was AWESOME! The instructor worked very hard to engage everyone...it was wildly different than other experiences I've had, in a positive way!"
"The exercises and discussions reinforced the course content very well."
Employment Action Center
"I have so many more BA tools after attending this class."
Employment Action Center
"I learned several good ideas on how to organize the function of the BA."
Land O' Lakes
"The instructor is excellent, her ability to bring real-life experience was very helpful. This course will enable me to bring an organized approach to the projects I am currently working on."