Business Needs Analysis
Business needs, the business problem or opportunity, are arguably the most important input to any business analysis effort. Without them, it is difficult to understand the current situation and solve the right problem. Business needs are your north star to which all the requirements and project effort must align. Given the importance of business needs, this course provides you with the tools and techniques you need to uncover and thoroughly understand the business need in any project environment. You will leave this course feeling confident that you can begin applying any of the analysis techniques and inquiry questions on your next project.
- Describe the importance of business needs in any project.
- Articulate and document the situational context in which business needs resides using various questionnaires.
- Learn the value of consultative inquiry and practice using consultative questions to identify hidden needs.
- Practice various root cause analysis techniques to uncover and further understand the business needs.
Length and Learning Modes
Live or Virtual Classes: 1 day; Discounts available for teams and for private offerings.
PDUs: 7 CDUs: 7 CEUs: 0.7
This course is designed for business analysts, systems analysts, project managers, business people, and anyone who does analysis and recommends solutions to the business.
Participants should have worked on the analysis, development, maintenance, or enhancement of at least one business “product,” whether it is software, business processes, services, etc.
- Business Needs & Situational Context
- Analyzing the Business Need