As we have in the past 20 years, in lieu of holiday gifts, Watermark will contribute to local, national, and international charities. As an additional way of giving back, we also volunteer for organizations like PMI® and IIBA®. This year, we are proud to make contributions to:
- Cure Alzheimer’s Fund: Funds research with the highest probability of preventing, slowing or reversing Alzheimer’s disease through venture based philanthropy.
- Glaucoma Research Foundation: The mission of the Glaucoma Research Foundation is to prevent vision loss from glaucoma by investing in innovative research, education, and support with the ultimate goal of finding a cure.
- Humane Society International: Working to protect animals in countries all over the world to provide direct, hands-on care to animals in need and spread the culture of compassion.
- International Center for Research on Women: Works to make women in developing countries an integral part of alleviating global poverty. Identifies women’s contributions as well as the obstacles that prevent them from being economically strong and able to fully participate in society. ICRW translates these insights into a path of action that honors women’s human rights, ensures gender equality and creates the conditions in which all women can thrive.
- Mercy Corps: Assists people in the world’s toughest places to turn the crises of natural disaster, poverty, and conflict into opportunities for progress.
- Open Arms International Program: Open Arms partners with non-profit organizations in sub-Saharan Africa to provide nutrition and technical assistance to people infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, from daily hot lunches to community gardens and food parcels to clean water projects, to help bring hope to communities in South Africa, Namibia and Ethiopia.
We invite you to learn more about these organizations and to consider supporting these or other organizations in need. And of all the gifts we might wish you during this holiday season, one stands out as most important – peace to you and your loved ones, and peace to all!